Interview with God
With all the different daily news options, viewers have had to decide which broadcast they prefer to watch for informative coverage during this historic Pandemic. After watching several briefings, I wondered what it would be like to put myself in a journalist’s shoes? Now, before you judge- please continue to read, and do not worry, I am not going to give you my political opinion. I am well aware of the 3 taboo topics: politics, religion, and exercise. Just kidding! Exercise is not one of them, and this is a “religious” blog, therefore, all my posts reference my belief in Jesus Christ.
Since my focus in this post will be on journalists and not on politics, it really does not matter if you sway towards the left side or towards the right side. Most can agree that the News Media coverage in recent years (and definitely in these last several weeks) is unquestionably influenced by the journalist/reporting station’s political opinion. I have watched both sides, and it does not take long to figure out which channels support which side.
As mentioned above, admittedly, my religious bias stems from my faith in Jesus Christ, thus, I developed a hypothetical, journalistic Question/Answer session with God. Below are the questions that I (a Christian Journalist) would ask God if He were standing up on a podium like President Donald Trump does every evening.
1. Why are we in this Pandemic?
2. What do you want us to learn from this Pandemic?
3. What do you want us to do during this Pandemic?
Now, for the Answers:
1. My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. (Isaiah 55:8 – For a deeper reason check out My response to Job too).
2. Trust in Me with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Me, and I will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Me and turn away from evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones (Proverbs 5-8).
3. Love Me with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and Love your neighbor as yourself (Luke 10:27).
The best way to defeat Satan’s lies of doubt, fear, and hate is with scripture. Jesus used it when Satan tempted Him in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11), and during these uncertain times, we can too!
There is a movie called, Interview with God written by Ken Aguado. I would recommend watching this movie not as much from a Biblical standpoint, but more as a message on God’s love. This movie showed a conversation between two people (one, of course, being a Deity) connected in a relationship built on love and respect. Something that God desires with and from all of us.
My prayer: May the News coverage return to the practice of reporting accurate facts with a level of respect for our leaders (remembering that God has allowed their appointed time), and finally, with a type of self-sacrificing (agenda) love for a country that desperately needs to pull together.
**Share: What Question would you ask if you could interview God?